Thursday, February 13, 2014

How can you argue for or against China's One Child Policy? Explain your reasoning.

12 comments:

  1. I would argue against the one child policy.I think they would of thought of another idea like kicking out some of the population or something.I go against it because all they do for a living is kill unborn babies,have huge gender imbalance of boys over girls.I would think China could think of some other idea because they made the one child policy,they will hit one billion if they don't think of something. Alec N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of killing unborn infants the citizens of China can just follow the law and if they did not have the one-child policy in China they would become over populated and they would have no space so what would there other idea be if they aren't be killing unborn infants? -AngelinaP.

      Delete
  2. I argue for the one-child policy in China. China was overpopulated, and they needed a solution. That is when they came up with the One-Child Policy. Some people might think it's wrong, but what can we do. We don't live in that country so we don't know how much they needed the policy. In conclusion China needed the policy. -Andrew R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, you said that we don't live in that country, so we don't know how much they need the policy, correct? You then contradicted yourself and said they need the policy. Would you care to explain further? Why do you think they continue to become overpopulated, even with the one child policy?

      Delete
  3. I argue for the one-child policy because if they become over populated there will be no space and i think that they should not have the law that if you are an only child you can have more tan one child because than the population will go down but when those babies grow up the will have more than one child ad than it will start to become overpopulated until the next generation

    ReplyDelete
  4. To argue for either side, you'd have to point out the positive or the negative effects of China's one-child policy. Positive: It is reducing the population therefore making more room. Negative: It causes gender imbalance and there are more adults than children. I am not against the one-child policy even if they are forcing couples to have abortions, the government in China is only trying to do the best for their people. The one-child policy is controlling the population, even though it has bad side effects, the government is trying to fix the problems and glitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To choose a side, argue for a side, or agree with a side you have to look at both sides of the story. For example, the government is trying to control the situation. There is a huge population increase in China. So the government is trying to contain the population. However I think that it is wrong the way that they are doing it. How do they have the right to take a innocent not yet life? To cause an abortion? Or worse case scenarios..... Besides that, how are they "controlling the situation" when they don't evenly enforce the one child policy? Why hasn't this government found a better solution to control the situation and population especially if it isn't working, and the population continues to increase? I am against the one child policy, for the reasons I said above. Though I don't know what,I believe China's government can come up with a better solution to control the population.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm against the one child policy because they are killing help less babies and they could kill a very smart baby and they can kill a baby that could have probably grown up and could have cured cancer and other deadly diseases and they could kill someone who could have made really cool electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can argue for the one-child policy by saying it reduces pollution and population and it is supposed to but it is actually increasing the population by loads. Or you can argue against it because it is making more people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would argue against the one-child policy.People shouldn't be punished for having more then one or two children and if people want to have another baby it is up to them it is not the governments chose if they can have another baby or not.People also Shouldn't be separated from there children if they do have a third child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you because that is mean to be separated by your child and they could kill a baby that could have cured cancer.

      Delete
  9. I would agree with it because if we get in a war with China and they keep having babies they would have more soldiers in their army and they will have control over us. If there was no policy they will have more old people than young people. Also there will be no free land on China because they would have to make more housing and there will be no parks.

    ReplyDelete