Monday, March 10, 2014

Why do you think Mr. Talbot was willing to risk his own safety to help Luke?

43 comments:

  1. He wanted to help Luke because he was his third child's best friend . Luke was a third child too and mr.talbot didn't want what happen to Jen happen to him. Luke was the only kid that made him feel better when Jen died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Talbot was willing to risk his safety for Luke not entirely because he wanted to do it for Luke himself. It may have been his way to help his own guilt for Jen. He may have thought by helping Luke, in a way would be helping Jen, or her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Talbot's child was Luke's best friend so he was willing to risk his own safety to help Luke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there more to his story though? Why did he want to help Luke get to safety? I think he was risking to help Luke because he wanted to embrace the memory of Jen.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Talbot was risking his safety for Luke. He told Luke that he would help him but only in memory of Jen. I think Mr. Talbot didn't want Luke without the fake I.D. because of the fact that since the rally everyone might join forces once more and this sort or problem might start up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was helping luke because luke was helping jen

      Delete
  5. I think Mr. Telbot would risk his own safety in order to help Luke because his own daughter wanted to do what Luke was planning to do, help the shadow children really live like normal people. Luke reminds Mr.Mr. Telbot of his daughter. He'll do anything for Luke in order for his daughter's dream to free the shadow children become true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on how Mr. Talbot wanted Luke to carry on Jen's dream. Do you think that Mr. Talbot would know that someone like Luke would carry on his daughters dream? Why do you think he let Jen feel, so strong about freeing the thirds? He could of easily just said that it would be hopeless she would change the law. As he said she, "let her believe in those things".

      Delete
    2. Well, I sort of agree but I think that he honestly didn't do it for Luke he did it more for Jen because he loved Jen and didn't necasarily love Luke. He wanted to do it for Jen because Luke was her friend.

      Delete
  6. Mr. Talbot would risk his own safety for Luke because Jen wanted to save Luke and the others. He also was against this policy or rule and so would risk his safety for the sake of Luke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to say the same thing so i agree with you

      Delete
  7. Luke was scared and so was Jens dad so they helped each other out. Jens dad is so scared that he is willing to help out Luke. Luke needed to get away so Jens dad risked his life for luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right, Jen's dad and Luke missed Jen very much. Maybe one of them missed them more. who do you think misses Jen more Luke or her dad?

      Delete
    2. I would have to say Sierra, that is one hard choice here are my reasons: Luke misses Jen so much because that was his ONLY friend he EVER had and Jen has had lots of friends (the ones in the chat room) but think about it Jens dad must miss her immensly because he was her dad! Does anyone else think one specific person misses Jen more? Because I dont really.

      Delete
  8. I think Mr. Talbot was risking his own safety to help Luke, because he wanted Luke to go, and protests against the law for Jen. His daughter has just died, and he has been going the extra mile to make sure his daughter was not found. Now that she had just purposely shone her face to the government, and she has been shot, and killed he is must be having mixed emotions. Mr. Talbot might of just wanted to let Luke choose. Do you want to try to stop the law for Jen, or do you want to hide in the attic?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought maybe Mr. Talbot risked a lot to protect Luke because he realized that Jen had died for nothing and Luke should live. He could have saw the friendship between Luke and Jen when he caught Luke in his house, he saw how desperate Luke was to find out what happened to Jen. Or maybe Mr. Talbot knew Jen would've wanted Luke to live and loved Jen so much, he did what he thought would make Jen happy if she was alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree when you said Mr. Talbot thinks that Jen died for no reason because, it is a sieries of different events that lead up to big things like revolts so I DON'T think Jen died for no reason.

      Delete
  10. My opinion was that Mr.Talbot had jeopardized a lot just to secure Luke, because when he looked at Luke it probably reminded him about Jen, because they were both shadow children. So in Mr. Talbot's favor he had helped Luke in memorial of, Jen. Also I think if Mr.Talbot were to not help Luke, he would feel remorseful, knowing that he had done nothing to help Jen's one and only friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like what you said Melany. you do have a point. Well, I think that Mr.talbot risk his own safety to help Luke because maybe Mr.Talbot knows that Luke might die because of the population police when they came to their house, and when Jen's stepfather notices that Luke died, He would fell guilty for not doing any thing to help Luke. Jen's stepfather helped Luke and used his own safety just so he can keep Luke safe and sound, and that was the right thing to do. Jen's stepfather helped Luke to hid from the population police and risked mostly his life because he might of gotten fired from his job and could not help Luke any more because he might of not know the government's power like he does now. This is why he was willing to risk his own safety so he can let Luke be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jens dad was willing to risk his safety for Luke because his daughter was a third child and she was killed also Luke was a third child and he was her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that Mr.Talbot was risking his own safety because Luke used to be a friend of Jen's. Also I think because he feels sympathy for Luke for losing his only friend he ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I respect your opinion Nathan, and I agree about him feeling sympathy for Luke, but do you think that if Luke weren't to be Jen's friend would Mr. Talbot still help Luke?

      Delete
  14. I think Jen's dad was willing to risk his safety because he knew Luke was close to Jen and had the same situation. I think he also did it because it would've been what his daughter would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr.Talbot or Jen's dad was probably risking his safety for Luke's because he knows that Jen and Luke were good friends and that Jen would of wanted it, or maybe he's just doing it in Jen's memory because of the way she was killed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your response Alondra but, how would Jen's father (Mr.Talbot) know truly that Luke was friends with Jen before she died?

      Delete
    2. Yes I think that the way Luke acted when he found out Jen was dead I think that Mr. Talbot probly knew they were good friends by Lukes reaction.

      Delete
  16. Mr.Talbot risked his life to save Luke because he was a father of a third child who was killed and he doesn't want another parent to experience what it was to lose a child even though they are illegal. In the book it says that Mr.Talbot liked the relationship of Luke and Jen so to do Jen a favor he saved Luke as if Luke reminded him about Jen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you tom because he knows first hand that if a kid dies the impact is hard on the family and he did not want that to happen to anybody else

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but what if the parents keep their children locked up and don't notice.

      Delete
  17. I think that he feels bad for him because his own daughter was a third child too, and now that she's dead, he feels like he wants to try again at helping kid's. At least, that's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jen died, and she must have meant the world to him. At that point, the only thing he actually just wanted was for Luke and all the other third-children that weren't killed to have freedom and to be happy with who they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that he might want them to be free.

      Delete
  19. I think that he was very sad that Jen died and that he thought it would make him feel better if he helped Luke (another shadow child) out by getting him a fake I.D. so Luke could make his plan slowly grow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes because he knew Jen wanted Luke to be free. So he helped him. Therefore he gave Luke a fake i.d.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think he did that because he knew that Jen would want someone like him to be free and out of hiding. If I were him I would help him too, because i belive that everyone should have the chance to be free.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jen's stepdad knew they were close and probably thought that Jen would have wanted him to her. He cared very much for Jen, and Jen cared for Luke therefore I think he was willing to risk his own safety VERY MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but what if he is to mad at Luke because he couldn't save his daughter.

      Delete
    2. I agree to but what about if the Population Police fired him for doing that and killed his whole family for helping and caring for third children.

      Delete
  23. I believe he would help Luke because he tried to save her. I still think he would be mad at him because he couldn't save her.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Mr. Talbot risk his safety to get Luke a fake I.D so he doesn't have to see another dead child like what to Jen

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think that mr talbot is going to risk his own safety because he doesn't want what happened to jen happen to the garner's

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think that Mr.Talbot was willing to take the risk because Luke was knew and was friends with Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that Mr. Talbot was willing to risk his own safety because Luke was best friends with his daughter, Jen. I guess he doesn't want that to happen to Luke either. Also for Jen's memorial because she would have done the same thing for Luke.

    ReplyDelete