Welcome to Ms. Adams Among the Hidden Blog. You will be responsible for monitoring the Blog on a daily basis. Each week you will have a reading assignment and there will be questions for you to respond to. You must respond to a minimum of 4 questions and move the thinking of three classmates forward. Have fun and happy blogging!
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
If you were a hidden child, do you think you would behave more like Luke or more like Jen?
I think I would act more like Jen, I wouldn't set off alarms purposely or start a rally but I also wouldn't keep myself locked up in an attic. Then again, it kind of depends on your family's wealth, Jen's family is rich and can bribe people when Luke's family is poor. I wouldn't be as scared as Luke but not as confident as Jen.
I wouldn't set off alarms on purpose either Jessica, but why does Jen set those alarms off? I know it says in the book that she sets them off just for fun, but she could be lying. So my question to you is is there another reason she sets off alarms?
That is true what you said about setting off alarms on purpose and I could see her lying to make her self seem brave but there is no text evidence that there is another reason.
Maybe Jen does it to feel more in control, if I was a shadow child and I knew I could get away from dangerous situations like that I would be mad and it would make me feel more in control.
If I was a third I would be more like Jen. Of course I would be careful, but I wouldn't had in the attic all day. I would do what ever I wan't in the house, but I don't think I could bare to go outside.
Exactly, Andrew, I wouldn't want to hide in an attic all day! I can refer to when I am home alone, I do whatever I want, and if I just stay away from the windows, nobody would know I was home.
If I were a third child I would be in the middle but leaning more towards Jen because I wouldnt be scared to go out doors I would just be careful and I wouldn't set off the alarms on purpose so kind of in the middle.
If I were a third child, I would more likely act like Luke because I would not know what to do, stay in the attic and be safe "or" go to Jen's house and talk to a person that is a shadow child like myself. I would of felt scared knowing that I was an illegal child and that the government made a law stating that I was not welcomed in this world, like Luke. I would of disagreed with you Jessica and Andrew because if a person just became a illegal child, wouldn't they be scared. Luke is scared but has been an illegal child for less than 6 months. Isn't that kind of just like becoming an illegal child.
If I was a third child I would be more like Jen and maybe even more brave because I would venture around my house but I would still be careful- very careful when venturing around.
If I was a shadow child, I would behave more like Jen. Though I can't say for certain, because peoples opinions differ often. However, I would also act like Luke, because i'd be cautious, and I'd act like Jen because i wouldn't just sit around. I would know what is going on, and instead of sitting, worrying about the problem, i'd do something about it. Like Jen. So, I'd act like both?
My personality would reflect more on how Jen reacts to the situation. Then again my fear would be based on Luke's. My reasoning is that I am really out going in life, such as Jen, but when it comes to Luke's way of fear I act like him.
I would be more like Jen because I wouldn't be ignorant to how the government runs things, and I would make sure I would be able to do the other things my other siblings would be able to do.
Honestly, I would act like Luke. I would be terrified of being hunted down like an animal by the population police. I would think that I should not exist at all!
If I were a third child I would mostly likely be Jen. I chose her because she wouldn't have to hide all day long in an attic and have no freedom around the house. Jen is an open girl who isn't scared of the government as much as Luke is. Jen and Luke are very different, but they both share the same secret reflecting on their beliefs with the government.
If I were a hidden child I'd be more like Jen because I would stand up to the government and that the third children should do the same things the first and second children do. Also she's brave, smart, and she even has friends on the internet that she talks to. Jen is able to go around the house without being seen. Luke is scared of the government and he's mostly spends his days in the attic and he's never allowed going around his own house.
I think I would act more like Jen, I wouldn't set off alarms purposely or start a rally but I also wouldn't keep myself locked up in an attic. Then again, it kind of depends on your family's wealth, Jen's family is rich and can bribe people when Luke's family is poor. I wouldn't be as scared as Luke but not as confident as Jen.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't set off alarms on purpose either Jessica, but why does Jen set those alarms off? I know it says in the book that she sets them off just for fun, but she could be lying. So my question to you is is there another reason she sets off alarms?
DeleteThat is true what you said about setting off alarms on purpose and I could see her lying to make her self seem brave but there is no text evidence that there is another reason.
DeleteMaybe Jen does it to feel more in control, if I was a shadow child and I knew I could get away from dangerous situations like that I would be mad and it would make me feel more in control.
DeleteIf I was the third child I would be more like Jen because I would'nt want to try and get caught,I would want to stay safe where nobody see's me.
DeleteIf I was a third I would be more like Jen. Of course I would be careful, but I wouldn't had in the attic all day. I would do what ever I wan't in the house, but I don't think I could bare to go outside.
ReplyDeleteExactly, Andrew, I wouldn't want to hide in an attic all day! I can refer to when I am home alone, I do whatever I want, and if I just stay away from the windows, nobody would know I was home.
DeleteIf I were a third child I would be in the middle but leaning more towards Jen because I wouldnt be scared to go out doors I would just be careful and I wouldn't set off the alarms on purpose so kind of in the middle.
ReplyDeleteIf I were a third child, I would more likely act like Luke because I would not know what to do, stay in the attic and be safe "or" go to Jen's house and talk to a person that is a shadow child like myself. I would of felt scared knowing that I was an illegal child and that the government made a law stating that I was not welcomed in this world, like Luke. I would of disagreed with you Jessica and Andrew because if a person just became a illegal child, wouldn't they be scared. Luke is scared but has been an illegal child for less than 6 months. Isn't that kind of just like becoming an illegal child.
ReplyDeleteFernanda, you make a good point regarding the element of fear. Why do you think Jen exhibits less fear than Luke?
DeleteBecause she not really that scared of the government
DeleteIf I was a third child I would be more like Jen and maybe even more brave because I would venture around my house but I would still be careful- very careful when venturing around.
ReplyDeleteI get what you saying but why would you want to be more brave.
DeleteI would want to be brave because I can only handle being inside for so long.
DeleteIf I was a shadow child, I would behave more like Jen. Though I can't say for certain, because peoples opinions differ often. However, I would also act like Luke, because i'd be cautious, and I'd act like Jen because i wouldn't just sit around. I would know what is going on, and instead of sitting, worrying about the problem, i'd do something about it. Like Jen. So, I'd act like both?
ReplyDeleteI would be more like Jen, because I still want to have fun to even if I am a third child.
ReplyDeleteI would be more like jen because I would think that being the third child should be able to do all the other stuff that first two kids can do.
ReplyDeleteMy personality would reflect more on how Jen reacts to the situation. Then again my fear would be based on Luke's. My reasoning is that I am really out going in life, such as Jen, but when it comes to Luke's way of fear I act like him.
ReplyDeleteI would be more like Jen because I wouldn't be ignorant to how the government runs things, and I would make sure I would be able to do the other things my other siblings would be able to do.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I would act like Luke. I would be terrified of being hunted down like an animal by the population police. I would think that I should not exist at all!
ReplyDeleteIf I were a third child I would mostly likely be Jen. I chose her because she wouldn't have to hide all day long in an attic and have no freedom around the house. Jen is an open girl who isn't scared of the government as much as Luke is. Jen and Luke are very different, but they both share the same secret reflecting on their beliefs with the government.
ReplyDeleteIf I were a hidden child I'd be more like Jen because I would stand up to the government and that the third children should do the same things the first and second children do. Also she's brave, smart, and she even has friends on the internet that she talks to. Jen is able to go around the house without being seen. Luke is scared of the government and he's mostly spends his days in the attic and he's never allowed going around his own house.
ReplyDelete