Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Do you think the government is telling the truth about food production? What clues in the story support your answer?

19 comments:

  1. I think the government is not telling the truth about food production. I think that government is scared that the state, or country will get over populated, and they want to scare the people that if more people are born that the resources for food will go down, and so they won't have to deal with food shortages. Jen even thinks that the government put books out on how helpful the population law for food while other authors put their head on the line to get the truth out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a true statement but why were they scared? One of the reasons was because of the fact that they were afraid to see if their country got overpopulated meaning no food left or food shortages. But what else scares them?

      Delete
    2. I agree with you a lot Andrew! But, I have only one question for you, if the government is scared about the country's sake, why are they not letting the more poor families feed their bad crops to their pigs, or meat? And in the book, Jen said, "You eat MEAT?" and Luke said, "You don't?" Jen has a very wealthy family. If even THEY can't get meat. There is no way that much poorer people can have it. So yes, I think that the government does not care about the people at all.

      Delete
  2. I do think the government is lying about food production. Jen says, "My dad says there's plenty of food, it's just not distributed right." I also think it is pointless to just grow crops instead of livestock because meat also has nutrients. I get how chips and soda are unhealthy but the government shouldn't control people to be able to grow more food. It's not fair to move farmers around like they are pieces on a game board. They're not the government's people to control. I get how having the population policy can save on food but they are not near starvation and it's pretty pointless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the text evidence on how it is not distributed right, but where does the food got to? Who says the food goes to people other than the barons.

      Delete
    2. Andrew Luke has more food than Jen and he is not a baron like Jen said that it is hard for her father to get meat and they only get it when they can but when Luke's family had the hogs when they died they would either trade them for different meat or eat them

      Delete
  3. Well I belive that the government might be telling the truth but according to their own standards. Jessica you said that the food is not being distributed correctly, well that might be true and probably is, but if you look at it from the governments veiw they would see one family with more food than the other like Lukes and Jens for example. The government would see that Lukes family doesnt have enough compared to Jens, so they would think that is due to a over populated country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that the government is telling the truth about food because they would have even more food if they didn't shut down the junk food companies even if it is bad for you it's still food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your comment Angelia but I don't think the junk food factories being reopened would hep much.

      Delete
  5. I think that the government is not telling the truth and lying to the citizens about the food products because maybe he thinks that the population will get to high and they would not be able to fed their citizens the proper food they need. Jen said," That the government has plenty of food for all of use, even the shadow kids, just that they are not distributed correctly. I think that the government should let the citizens have soda and chips because if the people don't have enough food they might die, soda and chips aren't really healthy food to eat but it is better than dying. It is just that the government is telling a big lie that has effected the citizens. Jen's dad works for the government because he is a layer and told Jen that there are plenty of food for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the government is lying about how much food they have. Jen states to Luke when they met for the second time, "My dad says there is plenty of food. It's just not distributed correctly."This is stating that there is way more food than Luke thinks there is. The government is just scared that if they let the shadow children become the people like everyone else, there will be a food shortage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally true, Courtney, but, if the country already has enough food, why would they impose the law of the population control? They tried to control the amount of kids people have because they are scared of food shortages when there's already enough food? They may be lying about food; is there maybe another reason the imposed the law?

      Delete
  7. I think that the government is lying about the food. At one point they could have actually had a really good reason to worry, but after that, there was enough food. I think that they are controlling the food to have power. The government is controlling food when they made Luke's family get rid of their hogs. They are controlling the food when the don't allow Luke's father grow an inside garden. This is their way of having power. They aren't controlling the food to help the citizens, but to control them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the government is lying about the food production, and they are scared that if the state or country might get over populated and the people against the government might overthrow the government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does getting over populated and overthrowing the government have to do with lying about the food production.

      Delete
    2. The government lying about food production might be making up an excuse to make parents to have less kids so they have less mouths to feed.

      Delete
  9. I don't think the government is telling the truth I think they just want more power over us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the government did want more power over us why would they lie to us about food production to make us have less food

      Delete
  10. I think the government is not telling the truth about the food production. Jen said that the government has plenty of food for us. That's the reason he made the law to only have 2 children because if parents had more than 2 children they wouldn't have enough food for everyone. I think the government is just trying to scare them if they have more kids then they will run out of food.

    ReplyDelete