Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Why does Luke have to hide? How would you react if you were in his situation?

52 comments:

  1. Luke has to hide because, he is considered an illegal child. The reason is because, he is a third child. The state or country he live in says that it is illegal to have a third child. So if he is seen by the population police something will happen to him. If I was Luke I would feel like I don't belong in the world, and that I'm just a waste of space. In conclusion Luke is hiding because, he is not supposed to be alive and, I would feel like I am there for no purpose. - Andrew R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Andrew. It is possible that the population police could find him or someone else could see him before the population police like a worker or a family member because no one else knows about him except for his mother, dad, and two brothers. But what do you think might happen to him?

      Delete
    2. Andrew, I like and for the most part understand what you are saying. However, why are third children forbidden? And why, do you think, he isn't supposed to be alive? - Jarita H.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I agree with you except for one part you see where you said you would feel like a waste of space and you were here for no reason? Obviously you are not a waste of space because Luke's parents care about him enough to keep him in hiding and not just turn him in to the Population Police. The part you said that you had no purpose kind of tags along with what I previously said but you kind of do have a purpose, you bring joy to your mom because she is nice to you and she seems nice so far.

      Delete
    5. I feel you Andrew I think the Population Police would actually kill him because he is a third child.

      Delete
  2. Luke has to hided because he is the third in a country that only allows two children. If I were in Luke's situation I would find a way to trick the government into changing this law without being seen. Andrew I agree with you but if your alive then you are supposed to be alive maybe you will change china law and or this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your answer is correct but how would you trick the government-Alexis R.

      Delete
    2. Johara, why does the place that Luke lives in, only allow two children? Why are thirds illegal? And what reference, are you referring to, when you bring china on hand?

      Delete
  3. Luke has to hide because he is the third born child and they only allow two.The government has power over the laws and Luke cannot be seen by anybody except his family.If I was Luke I would try to overcome this law so there could be more children allowed to be born. -Juan V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your answer,but who only allows two kids? And how would you try to
      overcome the law?

      Delete
    2. Your answer is great but how would you overcome the law-Alexis R.

      Delete
    3. How would you overcome the law if you can't be seen by anyone? There really isn't a way for you to go out and figure something out because no one knows what might happen to you if you're seen, and I honestly don't think your parents or Lukes parents are going to spend time on something that might end as a fail, while they could be working for food or to make money.

      Delete
  4. Luke has to hide because there is a law against a 3rd child. If he were to be seen by others the population police would be called. The state or country that Luke is living in now is saying that it is against the law to have a 3rd child, Luke is a 3rd child in his family. If I was Luke I would feel unneeded and wasting space in an area where I don't belong. In conclusion Luke is hiding for his safety and for his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, I understand what you are getting at. However, if you were Luke, how would you feel like a waste of space, if that's all you've known growing up? Don't you think that even though you know somethings not right, you'd still be okay? Maybe even moderately happy?

      Delete
    2. I get your response but why would you feel like a waste of space? Your Parents are hiding you and are keeping you from people because they love you, want you as a child, and don't want you to get hurt so why would you feel like a waste of space, if your parents didn't want you they could of gotten rid of you like all other mothers.

      Delete
  5. Luke has to hide because,there is a law that you can only have 2 kids.So that makes Luke an illegal child.Also if the government finds out that someone has a third child like Luke's family, they would have to take the third child.If I was in this situation I would try to figure out why the government made the law, and how I could make that law go away.
    -Brian M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree with your answer just that I wouldn't try to figure out why they made that law I would try to change the law.

      Delete
    3. That's a good answer to this question but what could you do to try and figure out why and how this law could be dismissed? If I was trying to get rid of this law I would send a very formal letter to the government and discuss the meaning of this certain law against a third child.
      -Courtney Tatrai

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I agree with you but how would you figure out who did it or how would you make the law go away-Alexis R.

      Delete
    6. The government made the law to control the population. You can tell from the text, it mentioned the "population police." I doubt they would lift this law unless the population went down. How else would you get them to lift the law?

      Delete
  6. Luke has to hide because there is a law that there is a limit or 2 kids per family. The reason Luke doesn't just run out there is because there is no telling what the government will do to him, would they kill him, put him in prison? Also his family must care about him because they didn't just let him run out there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say how I would react if I were him I would be very scared and would always hide but I would be very bored because I had nothing to do
      -Nathan M

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Nathan, but I think they would kill him

      Delete
  7. Luke has to hide because he is an illegal child. He is a third born child in a government that only allows a couple to have two children. I would be shocked to hear that I am a human being that legally wasn't supposed to be born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. America I agree with you on everything except for the part where you said you were shocked that you were not meant to be born. The way I would react is I would be more mad at my parents because they consciously disobeyed the law. I would be mad but I would not like to reveal myself because who knows where they would put me or what they would do to me.

      Delete
    2. I COMPLETELY agree with you america

      Delete
  8. Luke has to hide because he is an illegally born child. Luke is a third born child, and the government only allows couples to have two children. If the government knows that Luke is a illegally born child he might be taken away. If I was in Luke's position I would be very scared. I would also be mad because I wouldn't be able to eat with my family-Alexis R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Alexis but if Luke were to be taken away where would the government take him to?

      Delete
    2. I like your answer but would you just be mad that you couldn't eat with your family because there are a lot of other things you aren't allowed to do because of the situation.

      Delete
    3. That is very true that he isn't allowed to do what he was before his woods were cut down for new houses, but if he were to be discovered and taken away where would they take him? What would they do to him and or his family?

      Delete
  9. Luke has to hide because he is the third child and the government only permits a couple to have two children. Luke is an illegal child,so if anyone such as workers or other people find out about him the government police will take him. If I were Luke I would be shocked due to the fact that I am an illegal child and that I am not suppose to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The reason why Luke has to hide is because he is the third child in his family, and the specified limit to having children is two or one, therefore he is an illegal child. If anyone were to know about him terrible things will happen such as being held in comtempt, or to be put an a foster home never to see his family again etc. If I were to be at Luke's shoes, I would feel that I am useless and not cared about and mostly I would feel that I was in the way of my family's doings. I would not only be upset I would be appalled that I was an illegal child.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luke has to hid because they where a family that is allowed only two children and they had three,Luke,the unlucky one was the third and if the Population Police came he would probably be sent to the U.S.A. and/or killed. Although Luke has to hide he wants to feel free and as he was able to be near the windows he felt a little free, but then that privilege was took away from him all he has are two small vents and he can't tell his family or Father will block his view. When the forest was there his family would let him play for at least 5 minutes. Now, the woods are demolish he may not "taste" freedom until the law is past.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Juan V. but how would he overcome the government? If the police see him they would ask him what he is doing and he is only 12 and he might be killed right there or will be sent to jail or to the U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Based off of what we have read so far, Luke is what is called a shadow child. He is the third child in a government that only allows two children per family. So technically he was born illegally, and if discovered, both him and most likely his family would have to pay consequences of which i don't know. I can't honestly say what I'd do if i was Luke, because i grew just watching, never been seen, all I've experienced was hearing about it from others. i never would know what i was missing or what to do, even if i had the chance to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would feel like I wasn't supposed to exist and a mistake. I'd have no friends and be really lonely. I wouldn't want to be in a world where I can't express myself and have people know who I am. Imagine how you would feel if no one can really get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you absolutely Jessica. I wouldn't want to be in a world if I couldn't express myself and let other people get to know me but do you think he feels lonely or perfectly happy where he is? There is a con and a pro to his situation. Both sides have a story.

      Delete
  15. Luke has to hide because he is the thrid child. If I were Luke I would be really bored because I like a wide variety of items I would get bored if I have to do the same thing every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would you do if you are bored? You can't go outside,you can only stay in your house and do activities there. Also you have to mention that he is trying to hide in a place with changes going on that he doesn't understand.

      Delete
  16. Luke is the third kid in a place where they only allow two kids per family.I would be scared since I don't know if the police find my as an illegal child. Will I be killed,will I be put in jail or will my family be put in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Luke is hiding because he is a third child of a family and the law were they live is a third child is not allowed. If I was Luke I would be bored, sad, lonely, slightly angry, and curious. I would be bored because I would have to play alone. I would be sad and lonely because the only friend I would have is my mom because my brothers are jealous of me because I don't go to school or do chores because I am a third child. I would be slightly angry because I want to know what is out there and I want to do things that my brothers did.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luke has to hide because he is the third child. If I would've asked my mother why I had to hide in a room all day, and she told me that I wasn't really belonging to this world, I wouldn't really be comfortable with the situation. I wouldn't be able to communicate with other people, and when I would be in a situation like that I wouldn't really know how to react and say hi. In other words I wouldn't know how to start the conversation. And I would find it really boring if I had to stay and hide in a room all day and not do a thing and play with the same toys and equipment everyday. But this is only my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you say and I support it but if that is what you would be worried about, then I would practice talking with myself.

      Delete
  19. Luke has to hide because he is a "third" child and that is illegal to have. I would sob until my heart gave out and maybe even kill myself because of the very lonely life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did quote third he IS a third child.

      Delete
  20. The reason Luke has to hide from the world is because he is an "illegal" child. He was born into a family that lives in a place where they only allow two children at most and he is the third born. Now if I were to be in Luke's place I would feel like my parents were scared to have me in their family. I would be very bored, i'd feel dumb and unwanted because my education wouldn't be as well as my siblings. I wouldn't have any friends, and when my brothers would come home with good grades I would just stand there watching mom hug them and be happy with them while I can't do that because I can't go to school. I would wake up every morning to watch my brothers going off to school where they work, play during recess with their friends, and I was here with nothing to do because my parents won't even let me take the trash out, because they don't know what would happen to me or them if I was to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Luke has to hide because he is the third child in a country that only allows two children so he is an illegal child. If he was found none of his family knows what they would do to him if he was found so they keep him a secret and make him hide so he is not spotted. So Luke has to stay at home can not leave can not watch T.V. or play outside or even have friends. If I was in his situation I would be scared because if they found me they could kill me. I would also feel bored because I couldn't play or have fun. Luke's life really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Luke hides for one reason, he is an illegal child, he hides to keep himself alive.The government only allows two and he is a third child, so that means he can't leave home,he has no type of entertainment except books, in which they may not have.He can't even have friends because they can make the secret of his life discovered and the population police might do something to Luke, and they also can fine his parents or maybe confine them to jail.If I was in his situation I would feel invisible, I have no friends, I don't get to go outside or help the family at all,I would wait for the day for me to be free.Alec N.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Luke has to hide because he is a shadow child. A shadow child is an illegal child. He hides to keep himself safe and alive. I dont think he wants to hide but he has to. If I had to hide my whole life I would feel unwanted and not needed. I would not want to be hiden my whole life.

    ReplyDelete