Monday, March 10, 2014

If you were Luke, would you have made the decision to accept the fake identification card from Mr. Talbot? Explain.

33 comments:

  1. Yes, I would. Because of Jen's death, she can't continue to help the Shadow Children. So if I was Luke, I would have realized by being a shadow child, you wouldn't be able to help the others. With the I.D., you could do something, or at least have a better chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your comment but did he want to do something or leave so he wouldn't be found by the population police? I read that Mr. Talbot had told him that it wasn't safe for him to be there anymore. So it was a now or never problem.

      Delete
    2. Courtney, yes it is very possible he did it because he wanted to be safe from the police, and yes it did mention it in the book. But he also mentioned wanting to DO something, he was thinking about when he told Jen that people like him just watched. I think he was feeling guilty about not going to support Jen, wanted himself and his family to be safe, and to DO something. But then again, who knows who is right?

      Delete
  2. Yes, I would accept the fake I.D. because I would have a better chance of making a difference in the world. Jen can't continue on helping the shadow children find a route to take for a real life because she died on that shootout. It wasn't safe anywhere near where Luke lived because since Jen was living right next door to him and she was killed on her way to the president's home. He had to leave or things fro him wouldn't end very nicely for him if he was found by the population police.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would accept the fake identification because it would give me a better chance to escape from the population police. Jen cannot anymore because she got killed in the rally. Luke has to escape in order to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree with you America, but isn't there more to the exclusive dominance you will be granted when you are no longer known as a shadow child?

      Delete
  4. I would be a little hesitant at first because he works for the population police and i would not be Jen his daughter. but then i would take it. Jen's dad would be a good man to take a fake id from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even be reluctant, I would just take it. Like Mr. Talbot said, it's now or never. What else could Luke have done? Just go back into hiding? This way, Luke can actually change something. He doesn't have to do nothing all day, yes I understand it could be new to actually have excitement and an actual life when you did nothing for the past year. How could he try to change the world when he's locked up in an attick?

      Delete
  5. If I was Luke I would of also accepted the fake I.D. Luke was making times harder for his family. He was making them buy more food, and work harder to support their family including Luke. I would feel like they were just wasting money on me, and I would go to another family who doesn't mind taking me in. They not only have to work harder, and buy more things, but they used to have to watch him almost 24/7 to make sure he is not seen. Again I would let them be stress free by just accepting the fake I.D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were to Luke I would obtain the fake I.D. Sure, taking the I.D. means to be distant from my family, I would have more freedom advantages and I'd be safe from the population police. Also, letting go from his family would not only be easier for him, his decision would likewise reflect on his family this would give them more money and they won't be held back. My despondency would also go away knowing that I am no longer known as a shadow child

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Melany, because if I were Luke, I would of taken the fake I.D because I would be free and happy because, if I didn't get the fake I.D, I would of been stuck in the old attic and fell like a prisoner my whole life, that would not be fun at all because I would of read the same old books over and over again. I would of taken the fake I.D even if I had to leave my love ones behind, I don't really want to live them behind, but if it counts on having fun for the first time since forever, I would take that chance and have Fun and be free. If I were Luke, I would of feel sad not getting it and I would be really happy having the fake I.D so that I can go to places. Well it's like this, do you want to have to have to stay in the attic for maybe for forever and read the same books over and over again, "or" be free and have fun every day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fernanda, I do also agree with you about being trapped in the attic and reading the same books over and over, and doing the same thing over and over, probably for the rest of my childhood.

      Delete
  8. If I were Luke I would have made the desicion to accept the fake ID because then he could finally be free and he could go to school and go to the store, but he could still visit his parents, pretending that his brothers were friends of his.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I were Luke I would accept the fake I.D. card because I would do it for Jen and will try to fill-fed her dream... for the hidden to have a normal live. I would also do it because George said that the government was going to look at every single house around Talbot's house to check for any more third children so I would want to go far away from his house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have gotten the fake ID. I would think that if I had done that, I would of made Jen proud. Instead of feeling like a dope for not going with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my opinion, I would've totally accepted the fake identification card. I would've felt the same because at that point he all he wanted was freedom. And the fact that Mr. Talbot risked his life to make Luke free is pretty incredible. He had a third-child of his own, so he knew exactly how Luke felt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have accepted the fake I.D. because it would be saving my and my parents life. Jen would have been proud and it would make me feel a tad bit better about her dying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But why would you feel better about your one and only friend dying?

      Delete
    2. That Is true Oriannna but if you ask me being free would make me feel WORSE about Jen dying because Jen never had the chance to be free.

      Delete
    3. Wouldn't it have made you feel worse since the only person you knew died TRYING to get the freedom she wanted?

      Delete
  13. I would accept the fake I.D. because it would be much safer for not only me, but my family. I would also be able to see the world I was hidden from, and meet new people and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If i were Luke i would except the fake I.D because this is his one chance for freedom he wouldnt let that slip away. This is it......for jen is what he should be thinking about that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I would except the fake ID from Jens father. I would except it because I wouldn't want to live my life hiding and if I had the chance to change my life I would take it. It was very generous for Jens dad to even suggest getting him one, and smart for Luke to take the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would accept the fake I.D. because It would give me a chance to start a new life, and see what is out there not just spend myself hiding. But deep down I would be scared of accepting it because I would think somehow they would find out. (also what if Mr. Talbot is lying about everything??!! What if he is just faking and ends up to be evil and turns Luke in? Think about that)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would accept the fake ID from because I would finally have to be free and live life like everyone else. It would be amazing not to hide and be able to go outside and explore and play.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have done the same thing as Luke and would have toke the ID because my parents would know that I am safe and also because I would have wanted a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have it because accepted the cared could allow me to go anywhere. I think Luke was smart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have accepted the fake i.d because then I could help out third children knowing that I'm living as a first or second child depending on who Lee Grant was. Also that could give me more time in order to either protest or be a person who devotes themselves to help rid of the population law. That is why I would accept the fake i.d.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I was Luke I would want to get the fake I.D. so I don't have stay in his attic all my life. If I got the fake I.D. I could go to different places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about going to different places but Luke would also use the i.d not to go places nut to help other third children.

      Delete
  22. I would have taken the fake id so I could be able to see the outside world

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would easily take the fake id, that way if I was Luke I could carry out my long plan.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would not take the I.D because you don't know if he was put to take Luke by the population police. I also think that the I.D is from someone else and they could track him down if he used it for something specific. You also don't know if while taking the I.D he was going to report to the police that he's a third and has a fake I.D.

    ReplyDelete