Monday, March 10, 2014

Jen is a third child, but her stepfather is a member of the Population Police, the brutal organization devoted to discovering people like her and bringing them to a harsh justice. Discuss his character. Is he a hero, a villain, or both?

42 comments:

  1. Jen's father, in my opinion, Is both. His title makes him evil, a killer. But the reasons he is doing it for is heroic, kind of. From what we know so far, He is pretending inside the population police as a sort of mole. Only staying there for information and to bring them down. But how do we know if he is a hero? How many life's has he saved, and how many taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Jarita! I agree with you about 99.99% The only objection is, if he is part of the police, and h hasn't ratted Jen out yet, he must really lave her.

      Delete
    2. he is working with them because he is trying to find evidence to show their guilt!

      Delete
    3. I disagree with you jarita because what if he isn't the one killing the people,so maybe he is only a hero

      Delete
  2. I think that Jen's father is both of them. To the government he is a big hero for helping to get the law right. On the contrary, to some people he is a villan. To people that have three children, just like Luke's family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on how some people who have three children might think he is a villain. How do you think his own family reacts to him working for the population police? Do they think he is doing the wrong, or right thing?

      Delete
  3. I believe Jen's stepfather is both a hero and a villain because he hasn't told them about Jen. I believe he is also a villain because he is a member of the Population Police and all they have done is bring sadness to families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that he is both.He is with the law,but also keeping his third daughter - Jen- a secret to protect her and his family.He acts like he wants to keep the law,but really wants it gone so his daughter can be free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is working with them to find evidence to show the population police's guilt.

      Delete
  5. I think that Jen's stepfather is both a villain, and a hero. He is a part of the population police, and he is killing third children. However, if he didn't tell the police about Jen after so many years, he must really love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is working with them because he is trying to get info so he can find evidence to their guilt

      Delete
  6. I think Jen's stepfather is both a villain and a hero because he is protecting her other than putting her to the world. He is also a villain because he is working for the population police, the people who murder thirds in cold blood. He is one of them yet he protects Jen like his own daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is only trying to get evidence to show the population police's guilt.

      Delete
    2. i disagree with you he trying to sabotage the government

      Delete
    3. Even if he's part of the population police, if he doesn't actually support them, is he still a villain?

      Delete
  7. Based on what we know Jen's step father is a hero because he is against this population police and is working for them so he can get information to find a way to stop them. He also protects Luke yet he is pretty much a stranger to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. and the info is used to show the population police's guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen's dad is a hero he is trying to sabotage the governments plan. He loves Jen so he try's to help her get away with being a third child. Jen's dad is defiantly a hero for saving Luke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the thought of someone joining an organazation that is against what you are for in a way makes him seem more like a villain. But I also agree with you.

      Delete
  10. Jen's dad is not a villain, and sort of a hero.
    Why he's not a villain: He's not part of the government because he's on their side or anything, he's kind of like a spy. He's just on the population police force to have an advantage, to know their secrets and use it against them.
    Why he's a hero: He hid Luke when population police came to his house. He also forged Luke a fake I.D. so Luke can not only get away, he can also live a real life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you Courtney, but do you really think he is a villain? I see Jen's stepfather like a hero not a villain, because he is trying to protect Jen from the government and the population police. Jen's stepfather does work in the population police,but he is doing it for Jen.For example, when Luke went to Jens house in these last chapters, he couldn't find her so Luke went and told her stepfather and when the stepfather notice that the population police were coming, he hid Luke in the closet so that the population police would not find him, that is calling Jen's father a super hero, and I think he would do the same thing to Jen if she was still alive. When Jen was alive, her stepfather stopped her from going to the window so that the government could not find her, that is why I think that Jen's stepfather is called a hero not a villain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that he would be considered both because he works for the population police, yet he did not turn Luke in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Jen stepfather is both a hero and a villain. He broke his own law so he can have a beautiful girl. But now he won't take her any where from when she was born till she died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ur right Sierra because he broke the law so his daughter could live and she couldnt do a lot of stuff till she died

      Delete
  14. I think he is both a hero and a villain, because he will brutally murder children like Luke and Jen. He is a hero because he kept Luke and Jen safe from the other members of the Population Police

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen should consider him a hero. Even if he's not her real father, she should be grateful that he has decided to not turn her in. It actually shows how much he must care for his stepchild. Although, he technically broke his own law that he put out to the country.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that Mr.Talbot was a hero because he probably didn't bring kids to justice but maybe help them. In the book it says that Mr.Talbot doesn't like the law and thinks that the law is really illegal. So Mr.Talbot is a hero that works in a villainous organization.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think Jen's dad is more of a villain than a hero because he has a daughter that's a third child and he stops family's from having more kids. It's not right.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that Mr.Talbot is more like in the middle of being a hero and a villain. The reason that he is partially a villain is, because he would actually accept a job were he is hired to kill and capture shadow children. On the other hand he is still securing Jen, even though he works for the population police. So that shows that he cares and loves for Jen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melany, I sort of agree with what you are saying but, I think Mr.Talbot is a bit more of a villain then you explained. The reason I think that is because who knows whether or not Mr.Talbot told Jen that he was even part of the population police.

      Delete
    2. Maybe Mr. Talbot had gotten the job before he even met Jen. So he doesn't want to tell Jen, because he cares for her.

      Delete
  19. Jen's father is a villain and a hero because he tried breaking the law when he worked at the population police. Then again he is a villain. He is a villain because his work killed his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. George is an ally and an enemy because he is an ally because he helps a third child to be free. He is an enemy because he works for the Population Police and his job, like Brono's father job... it killed there kids.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jen's father was an hero/ally because he is trying to keep third children alive not kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that Mr. Talbot is trying to do the right thing, to do the right thing he has to the wrong thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but the right thing might be the wrong thing to the government but right to everyone else since no one really knows the truth about the population law.

      Delete
  23. Jen's father is a like a hero for multipul reasons. One reason Jen's father Is a good guy is that he offered to give Luke a fake I.d. My second reason is that he said he was against the population police.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Mr.Talbot is more on the villain side, but he's still a pretty heroic person. I think he's more on the villain side because, I don't think he even told Jen (before she died) that he was part of the population police, and I find that kind of as a betrayal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presten Mr.Talbot did tell Jen that he worked for the population police and Jen knew that for quite a while

      Delete
  25. I think Mr.Talbot is more of a villian because he has a job that finds and probably kills children that are third in line of the children in their family. Although he has a third child he protects her so he is also a hero for not turning Jen in when he married her mother. So in conclusion he is both a hero and a villian in his case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you because he protected Jen and didn't tell so he broke his law but he still kills third children.

      Delete