Welcome to Ms. Adams Among the Hidden Blog. You will be responsible for monitoring the Blog on a daily basis. Each week you will have a reading assignment and there will be questions for you to respond to. You must respond to a minimum of 4 questions and move the thinking of three classmates forward. Have fun and happy blogging!
Friday, March 7, 2014
Question #6
Do you think Luke's decision about the rally was sensible or cowardly? Explain.
I think that Luke's choice was sensible because if the rally doesn't turn out how they want it then they could all get killed so not going to the rally was a good idea for Luke.
I think it was both cowardly and reasonable. The reason it's reasonable is that what if Luke's thoughts of getting captured by the population police actually happened even though thsy were only kids? This brings me to him being cowardly. What if Jen was right and that thd population police wouldn't come after a group of children and Luke as juzt over thinking it? I wonder what might have happened if he went?
I think Luke's choice was sensible because rallying against a Totalitarian government's rule over how many children you can have is just insane. If I were in that situation I would not go because that is Life or Death situation right there.
I think Luke was both cowardly and reasonable. He was reasonable to think of his safety. to think of the what ifs and other perspectives. He is reasonable to not want to be caught! However he was also cowardly to not go out and stand up with Jen and the others. They are going out there while he stays at home. Him and Jen where obviously good friends and he should have been there for her.
Jarita it is true on how they were good friends, and because of that he should of gone. Are they still friends though? When Luke told Jen he did not want to go Jen was pretty mad towards him. Was Jen only Luke's friend because she wanted him in the rally?
Andrew, it's easy to think Jen was using Luke, but, when she sneaks into Luke's house in the middle of the night just to apologize, you can tell she just went a little overboard and was sorry. Why do you think Jen risked so much just to fix her friendship with Luke? How much did their friendship mean to her? Did she think maybe that was the last time she'd see him?
I think he was cowardly no to go. I think this because he didn't go and him not going leads to him having to hide for the rest maybe of his life. So what if he got taken away. If I was him I would have gone because I would have the feeling of freedom and I think everyone should be free. So I do think he should have gone to show the government that everyone has a right be be on this planet.
I get how you think he could've made a big change, Kat, but did you consider what could happen? What if he gets arrested? What if something would of happened to him? I think he made the right choice of not going. Sure, it looks like he made that choice because he's too scared to go, but, I'm sure he thought through and clear about it. He has more sense than Jen.
I think it was a smart move he made. He has never been any where besides his house and Jen's. So he couldn't find any way to fit in or know all the stuff that goes on with the world. So it would be kinda scary. Luke definitely made the right choice
I think that Luke's choice was sensible because if the rally doesn't turn out how they want it then they could all get killed so not going to the rally was a good idea for Luke.
ReplyDeleteI can understand your thinking. But don' you think if he had gone that he would at least be worry free from hiding?
DeleteI think it was both cowardly and reasonable. The reason it's reasonable is that what if Luke's thoughts of getting captured by the population police actually happened even though thsy were only kids? This brings me to him being cowardly. What if Jen was right and that thd population police wouldn't come after a group of children and Luke as juzt over thinking it? I wonder what might have happened if he went?
ReplyDeleteKat I think it was good idea not to go because he could have been killed if caught
DeleteI think Luke's choice was sensible because rallying against a Totalitarian government's rule over how many children you can have is just insane. If I were in that situation I would not go because that is Life or Death situation right there.
ReplyDeleteI think Luke was both cowardly and reasonable. He was reasonable to think of his safety. to think of the what ifs and other perspectives. He is reasonable to not want to be caught! However he was also cowardly to not go out and stand up with Jen and the others. They are going out there while he stays at home. Him and Jen where obviously good friends and he should have been there for her.
ReplyDeleteJarita it is true on how they were good friends, and because of that he should of gone. Are they still friends though? When Luke told Jen he did not want to go Jen was pretty mad towards him. Was Jen only Luke's friend because she wanted him in the rally?
DeleteAndrew, it's easy to think Jen was using Luke, but, when she sneaks into Luke's house in the middle of the night just to apologize, you can tell she just went a little overboard and was sorry. Why do you think Jen risked so much just to fix her friendship with Luke? How much did their friendship mean to her? Did she think maybe that was the last time she'd see him?
DeleteI think he was cowardly no to go. I think this because he didn't go and him not going leads to him having to hide for the rest maybe of his life. So what if he got taken away. If I was him I would have gone because I would have the feeling of freedom and I think everyone should be free. So I do think he should have gone to show the government that everyone has a right be be on this planet.
ReplyDeleteI get how you think he could've made a big change, Kat, but did you consider what could happen? What if he gets arrested? What if something would of happened to him? I think he made the right choice of not going. Sure, it looks like he made that choice because he's too scared to go, but, I'm sure he thought through and clear about it. He has more sense than Jen.
DeleteI think it was a smart move he made. He has never been any where besides his house and Jen's. So he couldn't find any way to fit in or know all the stuff that goes on with the world. So it would be kinda scary. Luke definitely made the right choice
ReplyDelete