Monday, March 10, 2014

Why did Jen organize the march on the president's house? Do you think she knew she was going to die? Was she being noble? Was she being foolish? Luke decides not to follow her. What would you have done?

24 comments:

  1. Jen wanted to live and I mean that by being able to live in the outside world.so did all the other kids. If I was in that world with them I would be like Luke I would be to scared to even think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen organized the rally to live. She was not being foolish, she was being brave and noble! She was ready to help so many other's lives, and risk her own! I would follow her for that reason. It was NOT her fault others chose not to help her, if they had, they might have prevented all of those deaths. It may have been a good thing Luke didn't go, (if it didn't, and because it didn't work) He is still alive to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have followed her too but it was so risky and why didn't Luke help her?

      Delete
    2. I am not completely sure, Sierra, why Luke didn't help Jen. I think, though, that he was afraid. It was pretty risky, but do you think the risk was worth it?

      Delete
    3. Luke didn't want to join in on the rally because he was afraid of the government and what might happen to him if they were caught. What would go wrong if nothing went right? It was really risky and that could be one of the reasons he didn't go to their rally but no one really knows.

      Delete
  3. Jen organized the rally in front of the president's house because she wanted to live a real life not one that she always had to hide. She wasn't being silly or foolish, she was a brave warrior. She wanted to make a huge difference and encourage other thirds to join the rally. It wasn't her fault that she got many lives taken that day. Those thirds decided to join in her footsteps but she did risk her own life as well that day. I would have followed her for that exact reason. I would have followed her because I would have died knowing that I had a life that day. Maybe if that was recorded onto the news others would join making the force of people unbeatable towards the government and their shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen started the rally so she and other shadow children can live just like normal people do. She problably knew she was going to die, but she would at least try to make other shadow children be free. Jen was being very noble. Jen, in my opinion, is most likely Luke's best friend. I would have followed her into the rally to be there to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reason why Jen started the whole rally was to prove to the Government or President that they were just normal kids and they deserved a normal life just like other non-third children were living. The whole time she was planning the rally she wasn't really thinking of what can happen to her, whether she was going to get killed or not. And she wasn't thinking of what can even happen to her parents if they go to the presidents house. In my opinion, I wouldn't have followed her knowing that a lot of bad things can happen to me. Although many people might have thought that it was a great idea to stand up for what they believe but not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I agree with you, I would not go either, I don't think Jen was really thinking about what would happen, I think she just wanted to speak up and give the government a piece of her mind. She cared about getting freedom more than consequences. Why do you think she was so thirsty of freedom? Luke had it worse than her but he never planned a rally. Jen had access to more things than Luke but, it seems like she yearned for freedom more than Luke. Is it because she's more feisty and has a bigger opinion?

      Delete
  6. Jen organized the march because she thought she could stop the two child policy. I think she knew she was going to die. I think she was being noble she knew she was going to die but she still went for it. I would of have gone because it is important to stand up for what you believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen did organize the rally / march to make sure that they could stop the population police. She probably did not think she was going to be shot because she thought there were to many children to shot. Jen thought she was being noble, but she was being foolish. I wouldn't go because I would know that i would die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that Jen organized the march/rally because she wanted the government to end the population law and let the third children be free, but she couldn't stop them because when they reached the white house, the population police killed them all and they still have the law. I think that Jen knows that she was going to die in the rally, but I think she wanted to start the rally just so that the government would stop the rally even if it has to kill her, well that's what happen. I remember that Jen told Luke if he wanted to hold a poster that said," Give me liberty or give me death." So I think that Jen really meant that. If I were Luke, I would of gone, It does not matter if a person dies or not, but if I die, I would die of braveness and because I would of made history if I went and let the government end the police, and if I didn't go, like Luke, I would of felt bad enough for not going and knowing that Jen and her big group of third children ended the population and knowing that I did not do anything to help out or to end the population law.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen organized the rally to live and by that I mean to stop being hidden and she isn't foolish she is acting very brave and noble!! She wanted freedom and she was brave enough to risk her own live to try to save thousands of hiding. If I was in that situation like Luke I would still not go because I would want to dream good things like when the rally is successful and she would be there the next time I go over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I partly agree, but isn't she a bit foolish for putting 41 people's lives on the line, only to be killed?

      Delete
  10. Jen decides to do this because she wants to fight for her freedom she wants to be free. I don't think that she was sure if she was going to die because when she went to visit at Luke's house he said that he'll see her after the rally and she said that they can only hope. So I think that she wasn't sure. If I were Luke I would have followed her to the rally because she was the only person besides his family that he knows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was not foolish of Jen to do the rally at the presidents house because she wanted to have her own freedom and not have to stay inside all the time so I thought it was noble of her to do that. If I was Luke I still would have not gone because there is always the chance that it could fail and they would all be killed and/or be caught

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it was both smart and foolish of Jen to start that rally. It was foolish because she was risking her life and 40 other children's. She was smart because it gave at least a small bit of the public a thought on them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it was foolish to start the rally because I bet she thought that the president would be all like "Let's listen to what this illegal girl and other illegal children has to say about my law."Her plan backfired when the president told his men to gun them down because he hates protesters.That is why I think her rally was foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Jen didn't know she was going to die that day. She might have the slightest thought about it but it didn't play a major role in her thoughts. I think she was foolish and she was either going to get in trouble by Population Police or her parents would. Before setting up the rally I think she should of thought of the conseqeunces to her foolish actions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think she didn't know because she thought that there would be thousands of them to many to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen organized the protest at the presidents house because he has the highest amount of power in the. She was being noble because she was the one who organized the rally in the first place and she convinced others to go to. She probably did know she was going to die since the government doesn't allow protesting but she and the other kids probably knew they were going to die knowing the started the cause for getting rid of the population law. For me I would have gone since I would have known that I would die knowing that I helped out for a cause.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think she knew that she was going to die and the reason she organized the rally at the president's house because she thought the president might veto the law

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jen set up the March at the presidents house, to protest the law. She probably didn't know she was going to die. And she was being noble, did die, but she was ]trying to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen didn't know she was going to die because she was just going there to make a difference. She was also trying to make the population police accept that there are third children that need to be in the outside world. She was being noble because she was risking her life for justice.

    ReplyDelete